– The G.E.M. – Groundwater Education Mobile
The Groundwater Education Mobile was constructed in 2009, and renovated in 2020 with STEM exhibits focused on groundwater & environmental science.
- Rainwater Harvesting – view the benefits of harvesting in North Texas, learn to build your own rain barrel.
- Geology of North Texas – view fossils donated from District residents & see what rocks are found near you!
- Upper Trinity Aquifer – 10 ft. motor controlled aquifer system, with precipitation & contamination simulations.
- Saturation & Runoff – Simulate thunderstorms to compare 4 common Texas landscapes.
- Watershed Model – Investigate urban planning & watershed science with a model town.
Teachers: TEKS aligned curriculum & worksheets accompany each of the models. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
– Exhibit Travel Area
- Servicing Hood, Parker, Wise, Montague, and Tarrant County groups & educators.
- Elsewhere but still looking for groundwater education? Check out the Texas Alliance of Groundwater District’s Education Database.
– Visit Fees – Free
- $0.00, all visits are free and at no cost to attendees.
- We hope to reach 4,000 students virtually and in person during 2021, and have begun reserving dates for the Spring and Fall.